Statement of Democratic Principles
The VRQA Minimum Standards for School Registration includes a standard concerning the school’s adherence to the Australian democratic principles and practice.
This standard is as follows:
The programs and teaching in a school must support and promote the principles and practice of Australian democracy, including a commitment to:
- elected Government;
- the rule of law;
- equal rights for all before the law;
- freedom of religion;
- freedom of speech and association;
- the values of openness and tolerance.
- St. Bernard’s Wangaratta is committed to the principles of a liberal democracy.
- We believe in an accountable, democratically elected government.
- We respect and observe the rule of law, and believe that no person is above the law.
- We believe in equal rights for all before the law, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender or other attributes.
2-12 Williams Rd, Wangaratta VIC 3677 Australia
03 5721 4431
Copyright © 2022 St. Bernard’s Primary School Wangaratta
Developed by Plum Digital Hub